Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Green Soup

I'm not fully sure what this blog will be about. I think I'm going to stick to things I love. Beauty, cooking, and Carter.

So, since I've currently got an obscene amount of it cooking on the stove, I'm going to begin with probably one of my most favorite things to make and eat. Green Soup. I titled it Green Soup simply because it made it sound like some kind of super hero food to Carter; far more appealing than broccoli/potato/onion soup. LOL So here it goes!

Ingredients:
2 Medium Onions
6 Medium/Lg Potatoes
1 lbs Broccoli (I use the 1lb bag of frozen)
2 Tbs Butter
6 cups chicken stock/chicken broth/or bouillon
1/2-1 cup Milk (or half and half if you're crazy and don't care about fat)
Shredded cheese (I like monterey jack)
Adobo Seasoning & Pepper (if you buy adobo without pepper)

How To:
Chop up your onions and potatoes. The smaller you cut them, the faster your soup will cook. Cook your onions in the butter until translucent. Add potatoes and broccoli and cook for a few minutes. Add stock, cover, and simmer until everything is super tender. Once cooked, puree your soup until smooth. Add your milk and season to taste. Simmer for a few minutes to incorporate seasoning and milk. Serve sprinkled with cheese. Yum!

I hope you guys try it out. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment